Participants in the Cathedral Urban Service Experience have served at more than fifteen sites throughout the last year. On a typical day, you might:
- Sort clothing and fill grocery bags from a pantry at the Emergency Aid Coalition;
- Clear lots or paint houses in the Third Ward at Generation One;
- Pack medical supplies to be shipped to Third World nations at Medical Bridges;
- Clear weeds and debris at Hermann Park Conservancy;
- Host a pizza party for residents of New Hope Housing;
- Attend a Bible study and make several hundred sandwiches at Lord of the Streets;
- Prepare and serve a meal at Open Door Mission;
- Serve meals and sort hygiene packs for five hundred street people at the Beacon.
Evening activities at CUSE are usually up to the adult leaders of your group, but we are happy to help you find fun and enriching things to do in the area. The Ballard Youth Center at the Cathedral has a large movie screen, killer sound system, pool table, and altar for worship. After supper at a local ethnic restaurant you might have a discussion, watch a movie, visit Discovery Green near the ballpark, or just hang out together after a satisfying day of work.
Here are some great resources for your youth in mission from EpiscopalChurch.org.